BREW

offical Blog of the Liger

Thursday, December 16, 2004

THE EVE (OF CHRISTMAS)

That was when I was really young. When I got into High School I used to have basketball practice before school for an hour and half on non-game days. This meant that I was getting up at five in the morning at least 3 days a week and going to practice for an hour and half before school. I then would have practice after school. I also had a part time job on the weekends that I had to be at 6 in the morning on Saturday and Sunday. My point is I never slept in. My brother is ten years younger, so he was still way into the Christmas morning thing. My sisters were as well, but mostly because that is just the way chicks are. I like Christmas morning, too. We had a whole Eve and Christmas morning tradition that we had done since my sisters and I were young. It was always the same and I liked that. In 1998 my sister Aaron graduated from college and took a job running a dog kennel outside of Rochester. That was the kind of job where someone needs to be there 24 hours a day. She could not make one her employees work Christmas so she did and she hired my other sister, Tarah, who was home on break to help her out that day. That year we did all of Christmas on the Eve. Christmas day my father, brother, and mother went up to the farm and did chores for my Uncle and Cousins so they could enjoy Christmas without having to milk the cows and clean the barn. I was bored so I came back to the GBA and went to the movies with a few Jewish friends. It really is lonely for a Jews on Christmas. The next year was same thing but I stayed in Avoca Christmas Day. It was a very relaxing day. The next Christmas, Aaron had finally joined the corporate world and could take Christmas off. The problem was that my other sister Tarah and her husband Andy were both RN and they could get the Eve off, but not Christmas day. At this point I was used to. I have accepted doing Christmas on the Eve. Christmas day everyone spends with their in-laws except my brother and myself because we are not married. Tarah is a widow, but her in-laws still treat her like the other daughter they never had and she goes to Syracuse for Christmas day. I have really enjoyed just relaxing on Christmas day until...This year we are still doing Christmas at my parents house on the Eve, but sista' Aaron has decided to host Christmas dinner at her house in Watkins Glen. This means no relaxie for Brewie on Christmonie. Her and her husband Frank have a nice house but it will also be filled with her in-laws, which includes her nephews that will get on my nerves fast. EGGGGGNOGGG.