BREW

offical Blog of the Liger

Monday, October 11, 2004

TEAM AMERICA-THE REVIEW

I saw a sneak preview for TEAM AMERICA this past Saturday night. I was not even planning on seeing it, but Sean Penn convinced me that I should see it. It quite rips every left wing Hollywood nut apart. The one's that take the biggest hits are Alex Baldwin, Janeane Garofalo, and for some reason Matt Damon. The Matt Damon thing is hilarious. They seem at times to make fun of the way the war is handled, but in such an over the top way that it is not really making fun of it. The movie is sexually explicit if such a thing is possible, but since it is puppets it makes one of the funniest moments of the movie. The great thing was that I went to a party Saturday night and there were a few people who wanted to know what is was like when they found out that I had seen it. I previously gotten into a heated discussion with this one guy over the war in Iraq. He was suppressed that I had seen thinking that it would bend to his way of thinking. He was thoughly disappointed that the movie just really made fun of Hollywood actors that thought the same things he did. I liked and if you are reading this, you will as well.