BREW

offical Blog of the Liger

Saturday, October 09, 2004

AND IN THIS CORNER.....

This weekend is Alumni Weekend for Binghamton University. We don't have a football program so the only thing for really to do is party. So I have a bunch of friends who came into town to act like they were all in their early 20's again. I had a few friends staying with me. I acutely was not going to watch the debate, but one of my friends who is a big Kerry supporter wanted to watch. The five of us that watched it all agreed that Bush won hands down. I had a few saspies in me by the time they started. I am the kind of person that yells at the television, during sporting events, during debates, and when the killer is around the corner. I don't think my friends appreciated me yelling when Bush made a good point (and he made quite a few). "CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT CAN YOU" I was often heard to say. The people they had in the audience scared me though. I though St. Louis was a cool city. I have been there a few times, so where did they dig these toothless wonders up from. The best question was that one about 'Why has there not been a terrorist attack in 3 years'. I think she stole in from O'Reilly, because on the Radio Factor on Thursday he said that what the main question he wanted to ask Kerry. I think Kerry talked about taxes in his answer. One of my friends said that Kerry does look like a Skinny Frankenstein. To this I stood on my couch and raised my arms and went ARGUE. (I told you I had some saspies in me.(which by the way is Avoca talk for beer)). My favorite part was when Bush laid the Smackdown on Chuck Gibson. I can't remember what it was about, but I know the President wanted to respond to something Kerry said and was not going to wait for Gibson to give him permission. The only thing I will way is that if I was some left wing nut job, I would think the questions favored Bush, but since I am not. Let me just give a shout out to the person that picked the questions to be asked. That's my take. OUT.
UPDATE: I forgot about the whole timber company thing. This whole thing made Kerry look real bad. You just know someone on his staff got fired for giving him that information.

"NEED SOME WOOD"