BREW

offical Blog of the Liger

Thursday, August 05, 2004

SPIEDEES

You can’t life in the GBA for more than a month and not hear about Speidees. I grew up 2 hours west of here and I had never heard of them, but they are the staple of everyone diet here in the GBA. If you life here I would say on average you eat ten spediees a year. There are 2 different chain restaurants that sell nothing but different kids of spied dies. Now you are probably wondering what a spiedee is. Seventy-five percent of speidees are made with chicken, but any meat can work. I prefer lamb. You take the meat and marinate it in spiedee sauce for a day and then you grill. It is then eaten on a roll with no toppings. I know it sounds stupid, and it is, but it is huge around here. I have not even told you the best part. From what I can tell Spiedee sauce is nothing more than glorified Italian dressing. This coming weekend is the Speidee fest and balloon rally. It is the biggest annual event in the GBA. Rupert from survivor is coming and Kimberly Locke who was on the 2nd season of American Idol is performing. In six years here I have gone twice. I think it sucks. The last time I went was two years ago. The balloons had long since left the area. There was no beer tent. It was just different venders cooking spiedees, my fiends and I paid $10 each to get it. The music was awful. I think they had Loverboy on stage. We tried to get our money back but it was no avail. I will not be attending this year as well. I am actually going to Canandaigua Lake for Stone Throw on Friday night.